Good Monday Morning to this week 03/2019
Last week we dug deep into the top of failure not being the end. The opposite of failure is now; hope and faith and not success.
But what about success? It’s got to be a topic, there needs to be some success as much as I agree with all the nice and challenging things I wrote last week!
Some quotes and thoughts from the Bible and some smart and ordinary people:
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. Psalm 37:23-24
Success is on the same road as failure; success is just a little further down the road.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things
will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go. 1 Kings 2.3
A safe life is a wasted life. God made you for far, far more than the life you let your fears define for you. Rick Warren
The danger of expecting nothing (having no faith) is that, in the end,
it might be all we’ll get. Dan Ariely
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. Norman Cousins
You have to be brave with your life so others can be brave with theirs. Brené Brown
Here some helpful points, seven actually, I still can’t get over all the blogs with 10 points so I’ll stick to seven!
1. Embrace life’s unwanted gifts! See what happens! A transforming new perspective of life, needing some deep thought, reflecting, soul and God searching and finding!
2. Enduring harsh comments even criticism. Harsh comments can actually wake us up from a long slumber of settling for mediocrity though quite uncomfortable.
3. Embrace your failures. It appears in the biography of most successful people!
4. Life caters to the seekers. Get to work, allow doubts, deal with doubts, seek to find, being stretched despite the pain and struggles, often produces good results.
If you can’t be a highway then just be a trail,
If you can’t be the sun be a star;
It isn’t by size that you win or you fail
Be the best of whatever you are!
5. You have a magnificent obsession! Search it, live it, spread it!
We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. Mother Theresa
6. Don’t mind that you are different! Most successful people are!
7. Define success for yourself, have a vision for your life! Write up a personal mission statement for your life. A personal mission statement is a declaration of an individual’s purpose and path in life, emphasizing what is truly important to you. It lays out your core values, your expectations, and your pledge to other people.
Apostle Paul also had a mission statement:
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. Acts 20:24
In conclusion the vision of David in Psalm 1.3
You shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither
And whatever you do shall prosper!
Wishing a successful week!